770 yards prone from a bi-pod...

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by *WyoWhisper*, Feb 24, 2004.

1. *WyoWhisper*

*WyoWhisper* Guest

If you havn't thought about getting Chris M. to build you a rifle.. this may be the proof you're after..

770 yards prone, off a bipod... just about the Max range for hunting with a .308 Win.

AWESOME Chris! [​IMG]

2. Boyd Heaton

Boyd Heaton Well-Known Member

Thats a decent group Ric.But I wonder what it would do if you shot five shots.

3. *WyoWhisper*

*WyoWhisper* Guest

I'll let ya know by the weekend [​IMG]

4. Lee in OH

Lee in OH Well-Known Member

Fantastic shooting Ric. You and Quinn may have to try that one on some PD's. I got him simmering about shooting LR, a summer with you and that boy will BOIL OVER!!!!!

Maybe he can give me some pinters whenever he gets back???

5. *WyoWhisper*

*WyoWhisper* Guest

Lee,

Yeah Quinn is gonna be bitten really bad.. especially after some of the guys come here in Aug and show him some awesome gadgets and toys... the first time he gets behind a big boomer capapble of 1500 yards plus.. he's gonna be head over heels with it...

I'll break him in easy and let him shoot the 308 until his eyes are bloodshot! That should build his confidence!

6. jb1000br

jb1000br Well-Known Member

Ric--how come they are so far low and left of your hand drawn target???

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    JB

7. *WyoWhisper*

*WyoWhisper* Guest

JB,

If I didn't know ya I reach through the computer and choke the living $hit outta ya [​IMG] [​IMG] .. I adnmit I missread the 5 mph wind when it should have been about 8mph!
    and hey I spend to much money on bullets and powders so I don't have enough left over for targets! [​IMG]
    That was/is a 5" square I was aiming at....

Not bad for doping the conditions and squeezing off 3 shots...

I could go on and on cause I'm a little ornery about now.. check for a post under general discussion..

Hey, you gonna make it out here this summer?

8. jb1000br

jb1000br Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ric--check out my "Snipers Hide Postal Match..." thread on SH--you might be interested (in the bear pit)

I cant wait to test mine out prone at longer distances (when the snow melts [​IMG] --will prob do at 600 yards though--I like that number better than 770 [​IMG] [​IMG]

Probably a negative on the venture in august--I will be running into job problems right before then so I cant predict my job situation. Also, we are going away in july, so the woman wont be able to get away from work again in august. Some time though, I'll get out there. Maybe just to visit, or maybe what we talked about, but sometime.

JB [​IMG]

[ 02-25-2004: Message edited by: jb1000br ]