This sow identified as a boar.

keen.on.it

Went for a drive yesterday with my 9 month pregnant fiance, with grand ol' plans of having a fire, listening to music, cooking food and of course, glassing the valley for bears. We drove to the top of a mountain, throwing rocks off the road (me of course, no heavy lifting for the miss's) squeezing through boulders, turning switchback after switchback, jostling the fetus.
At the top, I snapped a picture of the view, threw a stick for the dog, and put my binos down on the road next to the lake, aaaaaand bear! Spotting scope showed a short legged, belly dragging big boy swagger bear, so back in the truck we went.
After the crawl back down, I parked the truck a half km from where we last saw the bear, leaving the miss's and dog safely locked inside. And upon catching up and watching for a few minutes, I figured it wasn't a monster, but I was still intrigued by the short legged, belly dragging, big boy swagger. An 80 yard shot with my Tikka 270 win slinging 130gr ttsx behind H4831 had the bear biting at the wound before charging off the road into the thick stuff.
I was pretty surprised to find that this one was an old warrior sow, with too many stories to tell I'm sure.
20240512_133947.jpg
_DSC4942-Enhanced-NR.jpg
_DSC4937.jpg
_DSC4953.jpg
_DSC4946.jpg

That's a cool story and great pics! I can tell you know what your doing behind the camera and rifle for that matter. I wonder how old that sow was? The bear in my avitar was also a sow and fooled me as well, went 380# and 18 years old but had a perfect set of chompers yet, just a little yellowing....

That's a cool story and great pics! I can tell you know what your doing behind the camera and rifle for that matter. I wonder how old that sow was? The bear in my avitar was also a sow and fooled me as well, went 380# and 18 years old but had a perfect set of chompers yet, just a little yellowing....
Whoa, crazy! Did you send the tooth in to get her aged? That is a big old girl!