700 Sendero

Kennedy

Hi all,
First of all, thank you for letting me join in to this great family. This is my first post and i want to get into long range. i can hit targets at 450yrds and taken a deer at 470 Yrds this season and she dropped like a baby . As of now, this is the range i'm comfortable with but will start practicing for the 500 mark soon.

I need some help as i just purchased a Remington 700 Sendero in 7mm Rem Mag and i want to know if anyone has one and what is their best experience with factory amno that this rifle likes. I know, each rifle is different but just a starting point. This is particularly a hunting rig for moose and elk. i hear the 162gr Hornady shots well but if anyone has any experience with this or other brands and if you dont mind helping me out, i will appreciate it.

I dont reload yet but somewhere in the very near future i might. By the way, i am trying to stay away from the 180 gr due to recoil. Animals will be taken at a max range of 450 yards and not more.

I am a newbie at this but a great shooter at 450 yrds (90%) so far. Have i mentioned what a beautiful gun the Sendero is. i hope it shoots well.
Thank you everyone.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.