700 Sendero worth the effort?

Trappernewt

I purchased a new 700 Sendero SF2 in 300 Win Mag to enter into the world of long range shooting. I topped it with NF rail and rings with a NF scope as well. I found the trigger less than desirable so I got a Timney Calvin Elite to replace it. So my question is....is it worth it to send this rifle to a gunsmith for bedding of action and bottom metal, action truing etc?

Shoot it first. Who knows, the rifle may shoot 1/2 MOA at 1000 yards. It's the only real way to answer the question. Then you will be able to see and measure yourself the accuracy improvement the trip and dollars to the smith provided.

If I were new to long range shooting, it's what I'd do. You need to learn to shoot better than the rifle. Then have it smithed. It's a great way to learn and verify a rifle's long range capabilities.

I bought a sendero in 300 win mag this spring and have been really happy after I replaced the trigger. It's shooting 3/4 moa out to 560 (far as I've shot it yet). I'd definitely shoot it and see were its potential is before dumping more money in it.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts