7 ultra sendaro upgrades

bushwackr

Hi all
I picked up a sendaro in 7 rum. I want to make this a good shooter. I was looking at doing a couple things to it to help it out. First thing is a grey tan firing pin assy so I can get rid of the j lock. What's with the different firing pin options? Will I ever see a difference hunting or banging steel? Next is bushing the firing pin hole , is worth it? And finally I want to install a straight leg trigger. Is there something I missed or better I could do first?

bushwackr,

I picked up a sendaro in 7 rum. I want to make this a good shooter.

It's Gre'-Tan Rifles LLC, Greg Tannel is the owner/gunsmith.

Getting rid of the J-lock is a good idea. But I haven't seen one around for quite a few years so be especially aware of the throat in your barrel. Do you know the number of shots on this barrel? The 7mm RUM was never known to be polite in any barrel since there is a large powder charge to burn off. So before putting any money into this rifle, have a knowledgeable gunsmith borescope it for wear.

One of the considerations for Remingtons is the amount of work which you can want to have done vs the expense of getting it done. Sit down with a pad of paper and write down the work you want to get done and the cost. Most of us suggest blueprinting the action, fixing the firing pin hole and replacing the firing pin assembly in your situation.

Then think about having it bedded professionally unless it's in one of those awful plastic stocks, in which case I would get a new stock and have it bedded. See if your trigger can be tuned and will hold that tune. If not, replace it. Look at the muzzle, does it need to be re-crowned? See what I mean? And when it's all done, all you have is the Remington 700...o_O:rolleyes:

Do your due diligence first then decide which direction you want to go.

Enjoy the process!

The gun has about 2 boxes thru it according to the previous owner. Sound like it was more than he planned on. So I assume the tube is in good shape. My last rem was a turd and got stuck with it. I want to give it a fair chance on another

I'm not going to go crazy with it. Far as I would go is trigger ,bolt mods and maybe remage tube

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.