Sendaro Barrel Finish

7mmSendaro

My Dad and I both have Sendaro II rifles that we intend to use for long range hunting. Does anyone have any experience finishing (painting, etc.) to kill the shine but still look good? I have looked at the various paint kits Midway has. Any suggestions or experience, good or bad?

Dura-Coat is great stuff kina expensive , Brownells Aluma-Hyde is pretty good realy durable for what it is and comes in alot of colors and lastly you can use what the Marines use , regular old Krylon paint.

Try beartooth rifle covers . I use them on my Sendaro to kill the shine of the barrel .
Then you will have an resale knot cut in 1/2 of the paint on your rifle.

Do try the beartoth cover they run about $30.00 for one rifle .
I have them on my ss encore to .

Redbone

Sendero,

I've been using bow tape on my stainless rifles for a long time now and it has been great for me.

At the beginning of hunting season and just before my final sight in I tape up the barrels and scopes (my hunting stocks are camo) and at the end of season I just peel off the tape and spray some WD-40 to melt away the remaining glue. You can just wipe it off then.

This solution is really great for several reasons. It's very cheap, easily removed and doesn't affect the resale value of the gun or parts.

It also has ZERO glare because it's cloth tape and you can leave ragged ends of tape exposed for that die cut effect. Just don't lean it against a tree and step away from it... You may end up wasting valuable hunting time looking for your rifle.

In my experience paint chips, peels, and is hard to remove and usually you'll want to remove it one day and rue the day you ever put it on.

$bob$

Krylon! If you scratch it add more paint. If you need to remove it, a rag and some carb cleaner or paint thinner will take it off with ease.

Re: Sendero Barrel Finish

I would use Krylon if you want to paint it. We have never had game spook because they thought out rifles were too shiny. If they are that close just shoot them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.