6X284 Load Developement w/87grn V-MAX (Wow!!!!)

TMR, excellent choice on the scope. Yea, I am pretty excited about the 338 Allen Mag. I know Kirby received my M8000 action, I am sure he will post some pics soon. I had pretty good luck with Nesika, I received my action in about 14 weeks. They told me it would only take 12 weeks when I ordered the action, so 14 weeks was pretty good. About meeting for some varmint killin, sounds good. I will be going on a 2 day squirrel shoot in May of 2007, at the Honkers Inn. The Honker Inn is located in Northern California, I have heard it is a really nice lodge, has millions of squirrels on the ranch, and is a good time. I can't wait to go! Oh yea, I live in Central CA.

Wildcat

MSheep, yes I did let the barrel cool between shoots. Regarding the .3grns less powder question, I don't know what you are referring to. My higher velocities were with a powder charge of 53.2grns of H4350, and my slower velocities were with a smaller charge of 52.5grns of 4350, so I am confused by your question. I think you may have misread the post.

Wildcat

Tell us more about your rifle? What action? Trigger? Who built it for you? How much does it weight? Diameter of BBL at muzzel? Mine is Remi 700 H&S prescion stock,hart BBL Jewell Trigger. Holland heavy recoil lug.Viaz muzzel brake. Weights oh 12 lbs with 26"BBL.

Iron Worker, here are the specs;

1. Cal. 6x284 w/272 tight neck
2. Action-Nesika Model K, 1.470 DIA, Tactical Bolt and Knob
3. Barrel-Krieger, 30", 1-12 twist, 1.250 tapered to 1.00 at muzzle
4. Stock-McMillan A-5, Thumbwheel Cheeck Piece, 3Way Spacer System, color Matte Black
5. Vias Muzzle Brake
6. Jewel 2oz trigger
7. Davidson base with 20MOA
8. Nightforce 12x42x56mm NXS Double Dot Ret.
9. Weight is about 15 to 17 pounds
10. Built by Leroy Johnson of Johnson Precision Gunsmithing

Your rifle sounds very nice too. What caliber is it and what kind of groups are you getting with her.

Wildcat

[ QUOTE ]
UncleB, I sence some SARCASM in your comments.

Wildcat

[/ QUOTE ]
No SARCASM, just figured with THOUSANDS of dollars in your last few rifles and groups in the .100's all around, you could splurge and spend $50 buck's on a cheap Dig. Cam. and show us a pic. or 8

UncleB, I am very sorry, but I do believe there is sacasm in your posts. I am sorry, but I have not mastered the picture taking techniques. However, I am going to have to learn soon, so I can put your sarcasm to rest. When other members post their group size, I never question them by asking them "where are the pics". Anyhow, if you don't believe me, that's fine. I just want to read my posts without being subjected to sarcasm. I joined this site because I enjoy reading and learning from others. I did not join so I could ridicule, question, or be sarcastic in a bad way with other members. If someone on this site said they shot an awesome group, than I believe them. Now, if someone said they shot a 1" group at a thousand yards, then I might question them. The point is, there is no reason for anybody to be sarcastic in a way that offends others.

Wildcat

Wildcat....if you email me the pictures I would be happy to put them up for you. Just started posting pics myself...pretty easy once you figure out how.

I don't want to get into a ****ing match on the group size, just offering some help if you like. I have no reason not to believe you.

[ QUOTE ]
Wildcat....if you email me the pictures I would be happy to put them up for you. Just started posting pics myself...pretty easy once you figure out how.

I don't want to get into a ****ing match on the group size, just offering some help if you like. I have no reason not to believe you.

[/ QUOTE ]
+1
p.s. dont pop a blood vessel !!!!!!!!!!!

UncleB, trust me, I am not popping any blood vessels. I am just confronting you on your sarcasm. I feel like my post has been hijacked over a sarcasm issue. Anyhow, I will try to post picks.

Wildcat

P.S. Try not to get so worked up when you see an excellent group. Next time I shoot a group in the .1's, I will pray the next one is not in the .0's, that might really get you going with your sarcasm.

TMR, my post was towards UncleB. I felt he was being sacarstic with his comments. Thanks for your offer regarding posting pics, I am going to try and figure it out this weekend.

Wildcat

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.