6mmbr build

savagelover

Building myself a 6br...Got a 26 inch heavy varmint barrel with .845 ???? guessing....at the muzzle..Do you all think this barrel will be good for the f class
match;s...1 in 8 twist....Thanks gun)

Should be good to go, but if you can make it longer do it. Also what action? To get the most out of it think about the Dasher or BRX and a custom action or at least a very clean and trued Rem action would be the way I would go.

Truc------Got the barrel ordered already...It is a used barrel with 500 rounds thru it...150 bucks I paid...The guy said to check it out and all that,befor I send him the money..He is also sending the go no go gages to set it up..He told me he did good with it...I will only be shooting 300 at the most for the local match's here and I doubt any more than 500 at the very most.....Got everything I did to do it now...
I am building it on a savage 10 action....I think it will be a good shooter and if I wear out the barrel and still want to play...Well, I get another barrel....My biggest concern was if the barrel was going to maybe heat up to fast,conpared to a bull barrel...gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.