670 Winchester........?

308Bronco

Anyone know anything about these? I think that everythings the same as a M70, just an entry level gun but not 100% positive. Got a chance to buy 1 in 30/06 for $ 125 bucks. Guns in great shape but just dont know much about the "670" part.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

It's just a plain version of the 70, the stocks were plain and I believe they were "ADL" versions??? not real sure on that. I had one several years ago and just can't remember. That price, buy it and if you don't like it you can probably double your money on the classifieds page.

On the one I had the safety was a two position very much like those of a Remington. I retrofit a M70 stock to make room for the safety and put the 670 in it with standard M70 bottom metal.

It is very much like a M70 built to Remington ADL standards.

I used to reload for my hunting partner that had one. His was a "shooter".

For $125 you can't go wrong.

The 670 is a blind magazine model 70 with a two position safety that is receiver mounted.

The 670a is a blind magazine model 70 with a bolt mounted three position safety. In other words identical to a model 70.

I have used several of these actions to build custom Palma and match rifles.

Quality control was not great from the factory, but if you plan to true the action and rebarrel they work fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.