6.5x284 vs 300WM???

Well... in North America, caliber arguments are beyond ignorant, as it is truly nothing more than a "bar stool nonsense".
Point Click Gut
It's THAT simple.
Now, go to an African Province/Country with a small bore you ARE stuck with upper plains game with a smaller rifle... not only legally, but by the guide not wanting to die.

Oh well....
opinions are like ********. Everybody has one.
Like others have said... thank fully we live in a Republic that doesn't block military rounds are specific calibers in the like.
I own a vast range like most do.... and at the end of the day, for everyday deer hunting or plinking.... I grab a 7mm class rifle.
Why? Best happy medium when I don't need to push a payload....

The OP asked a specific question. We're answering and debating with our experiences in both cartridges. Peacefully.

If you are telling us to stop debating please stand down.

lightbulb... and another amen!lightbulb

Now that church is out and the amens are done.......

What if I said they should pass a law that no one should be allowed to hunt big game unless they are using a 30cal or bigger.:rolleyes:

Would that be enough to start the "debate" again?:D

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Steve

What if I said they should pass a law that no one should be allowed to hunt big game unless they are using a 30cal or bigger.:rolleyes:

Steve

I civil and respectful discussion is always more productive.

Cheers! :rolleyes:

Ed

Steve
I'm all in. 30 caliber for me.

I'm all in. 30 caliber for me.

Already am in #3 ...

That statement is very misleading; run the numbers using 215/230 and see for yourself. Better yet, do a query on Jeff's (BROZ) real world success with the Bergers and .300 WM.

I'm a big fan of the 6.5, esp. the 6.5x55 but my go to chambering from antelope to elk size game up to 1K yards is the .300 WM.

:D

hmm..... 30 cal min? I could live with that.

ND finally got it's act together with how it regulates handgun cartridge power/caliber for hunting....

hmm..... 30 cal min? I could live with that.

ND finally got it's act together with how it regulates handgun cartridge power/caliber for hunting....

Indiana just passed in .30 cal OR .243 cal.!?!?!?

Not .264 .277, or .284.

Just 30 or 243.
For private land, not public land.

Yeah intelligence on display in Indiana ... .243 is fine but 7 mm mag is not good enough, but 300 mags are OK..what the hell kind of logic did the suits that did this use...how could any game agency OK this...and we wonder why no one trusts the judgment of government agencies anymore...seriously who knows why, I'd love to hear this explanation

Yeah intelligence on display in Indiana ... .243 is fine but 7 mm mag is not good enough, but 300 mags are OK..what the hell kind of logic did the suits that did this use...how could any game agency OK this...and we wonder why no one trusts the judgment of government agencies anymore...seriously who knows why, I'd love to hear this explanation

LOL !!!
I'm still going to use my .358 Grant. I did well with it last year.

Attachments

• 20151114_080307.jpg
    20151114_080307.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 94
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.