6.5 STW 155gr Cauterucios

tim jurczak

I just picked up 100 each 155gr Cauterucios .264 bullets. I spoke with Mr Cauterucios earlier in the week about his bullets. This one as are all of his, are made from Sierra jackets. In other words share some similarities with the matchkings. This is not to minimize the uniqueness of either bullet but just to describe it better. It looks close to the 142gr matchkings for a laymans overview.

Now, anyone have any experience with heavy bullets in a 6.5 STW? Right now working with these powders I COMFORTABLY use 86gr WC872, 87gr H50bmg, and 77gr Retumbo with 140-142gr class bullets.

Venture a guess on loads? Maybe 82-83 with the Wc872, US869, and H50bmg or even 73gr with the Retumbo? Is Reloader 25 out of its league here? 77gr Reloader 25 is getting stiff with a 120gr TTXS so it might be too fast for this????

I may not have many options. H1000?

Tim

Interesting bullet, I can't help with you loading questions but I thought I hit you with one of my own :D

Any idea on the projected BC of that 155? Definitely has my attention

He says the 141gr is .630 @ 2900 fps and the 155gr is .675 @ 2700 fps. For some reason I did not write down what his 147gr was worth but a little imagination would place it in between til shot for real.

Tim

.675 is nothing to scoff at! That sure could step up the game for the 6.5 guys. I wonder what kind of terminal balllistics they have? :rolleyes: (on game I mean)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.