6.5 ss head stamped brass

I'll have to double check. But I remember finishing somewhere between .013 and .0135

See thread "available 6.5 SS brass" DSCF1261.jpg

Rich,

I think you're on to something good. I will admit though that I went with a 6.5 SAUM purely on brass availbility. If you get something worked out I would be interested in a 7mm. Good luck in your efforts!

Rich,

I think you're on to something good. I will admit though that I went with a 6.5 SAUM purely on brass availbility. If you get something worked out I would be interested in a 7mm. Good luck in your efforts!

I have 7mm. If you are interested, pm me......Rich

The first 2 people who purchased the ready to fire form brass have shot one hole groups. One of them while fire forming........Rich

Ok. Just for the first time of hearing about a 6.5 SS. Where do I find more info in this cartridge. I want to see the difference between the 6.5 Saum 4s and this one.

Brian

You can pm me and/or give me a call. The SS was designed to cycle the long bullets thru a short action without any loss in performance. It does that and more! 3100' with 160's and 3300' with 140's in a 26" barrel is possible.......Rich
p.s. if you give me your personal email in a pm, I can send you a write up on the concept.

I would pay for the brass @ 3.50 a piece yes that is steep but I travel for a living and have very little time to fire form and etc. It is almost time to re-barrel my 264 W.M. and I was thinking I may turn my 264 w.m. into a 300 W.M. or some other 30 cal and start fresh with a short action and do a 6.5 SS if brass were to be available if not ill probably do a switch Barrel and stay with the 264

I would pay for the brass @ 3.50 a piece yes that is steep but I travel for a living and have very little time to fire form and etc. It is almost time to re-barrel my 264 W.M. and I was thinking I may turn my 264 w.m. into a 300 W.M. or some other 30 cal and start fresh with a short action and do a 6.5 SS if brass were to be available if not ill probably do a switch Barrel and stay with the 264

I have the Norma brass for sale now for $2.50 that shoots great while fire forming if that interests you? Did you see the thread on the 6.5 SS long range hunter?

I have the Norma brass for sale now for $2.50 that shoots great while fire forming if that interests you? Did you see the thread on the 6.5 SS long range hunter?[/QUOT

Yeah I have been following your cartridge on and off since you first started posting about it but the brass prep has kept me from being serious about it. Ready to fire form brass would at minimum get me more serious about building a 6.5 SS but i would definitely pay extra for the fully finished product

Hey Rich, any chance you are still going to be selling formed brass for the 6.5 Sherman? Sorry to chime in on the 6.5 SS thread - I'm about to try out my first batch of fire forming, but I'm realizing that I don't have a ton of time to form brass, then load. For the time being, I'd be interested in just shooting from the get go. What price would you anticipate for 6.5 Sherman brass?

Hey Rich, any chance you are still going to be selling formed brass for the 6.5 Sherman? Sorry to chime in on the 6.5 SS thread - I'm about to try out my first batch of fire forming, but I'm realizing that I don't have a ton of time to form brass, then load. For the time being, I'd be interested in just shooting from the get go. What price would you anticipate for 6.5 Sherman brass?

You can shoot the brass with a bullet just as if it was already formed (the ready to form that I have been shipping). I don't know if you realized that or not? The head stamped venture went up in smoke with the $3.50 price.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.