6.5 ss head stamped brass

What the hell is a 6.5 GAP 4S? What does that stand for?

I know the 6.5 GAP stands for GA Precision, but what is the "4S" part?

Don't know EXACTLY what it stands for but they were designed to shoot the 130 grainers at lower pressure. I think it is mostly, if not entirely, a throating thing......Rich

4S: Super Secret Squirrel s***. True story.

I think it started as a joke when they were developing the round and it stuck. it's a 7 SAUM or 300 SAUM necked to 6.5.

Don't know EXACTLY what it stands for but they were designed to shoot the 130 grainers at lower pressure. I think it is mostly, if not entirely, a throating thing......Rich

The name just sounds kind of "janky"... I believe I would have picked a different (more fluid-sounding) name for a cartridge. But that's their business, not mine.

To quote the wicked witch of the west Hillary, the hag said "What difference does it make ?"

Brass case dimensions are said to be the same as 6.5 SAUM ..... the difference in George Gardners 6.5 GAP 4S design is in the lead/throat for optimum coal fit in the detachable mags he uses .....

To quote the wicked witch of the west Hillary, the hag said "What difference does it make ?"

Brass case dimensions are said to be the same as 6.5 SAUM ..... the difference in George Gardners 6.5 GAP 4S design is in the lead/throat for optimum coal fit in the detachable mags he uses .....

Thanks, that is what I thought. I don't know if the new brass will be any advantage yet or not as far as using it for the SS. It will depend primarily on how the thickness changes from the neck to the shoulder. The Norma brass is working pretty well.......Rich

I'm really hoping you get enough interest going in your SS rounds to have one of the brass companies start making them. Great rounds and I don't mind fire forming, but would happily pay my way out of that chore

I'm really hoping you get enough interest going in your SS rounds to have one of the brass companies start making them. Great rounds and I don't mind fire forming, but would happily pay my way out of that chore

With my new ready to go brass, the process is pretty simple. You load as usual and fire away!:D I do recommend that you reduce the load by 8-10% the first firing though.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts