6.5 ss final design

My results are from 100,300,600,1030,1320,1450yd drops run through Bigngreen's ballistic program. .72 works @3050 every time within 1moa. At around 2900, .70 is a bit closer.
Not really a very sophisticated approach but it is working.
I am very interested in hearing what these do in other cartridges at other speeds.
Cliff

Hi Cliff.....What is your recipe for 3050' with the 160's.......Rich

Cant wait to see how this turns out! I have a 700 SA sitting on the shelf that is begging for a project!

Elkaholic, Who is your smith?

I use a guy from Spokane Valley. Bruce Thom, (BAT actions) recommended him to me. He usually won't take on much work unless you are not in a hurry......Rich

Thanks guys for the quick responses. I'll be watching this one close to see the final product. I linked onto the bullet maker's website, Do any of you have experience with this bullet and it's expansion on game at slower velocities? (Not trying to derail the thread, just curious)

Thanks guys for the quick responses. I'll be watching this one close to see the final product. I linked onto the bullet maker's website, Do any of you have experience with this bullet and it's expansion on game at slower velocities? (Not trying to derail the thread, just curious)

The 6.5 160 is new so no on game performance as of yet but it's very similar to the 270 165gr bullet which performs awesome on game. But at this point I'm guardedly optimistic about the performance we're going to get from this bullet.

Regarding the bullet: I will have mine next week, I hope, and be ready to test the following weekend. I am planning to run side by side to my bergers on wet newpaper at 1000 yards. If I can get gel I will run it through that instead. Doubt it though. I am also planning to use this bullet for our up coming bear hunts.

Bigngreen is the guy who has used the Matrix on game and I repect his opinion. As a bullet maker myself, I can tell you that the design is condusive to long range game performance in most respects. I plan on trying to test some out this spring on bears.......Rich
p.s. The Matrix is basically a Berger with lead clear to the tip, which in my opinion, gives it a little advantage in being consistent......Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.