6.5 and 6-284 primers questions

baseball123

I have always used the federal 210 match and federal 215 in about all my guns....I can not locate any 210M's in my area and may use CCI Benchrest large primers to substitute for the Match 210 Federal....Has anyone been using these and am I going the wrong way? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Bughole, if you have the 215's, then use them. You can use magnum primers in cases like your 6.5-284, but you can't use regular primers (210's) in a magnum cases.

TAC

[ QUOTE ]
however you will not reliably burn all of your powder and can have misfires.

[/ QUOTE ]

at -20 degrees that may be true, however most get far more consistant ignition with the standard primers

d-a

TAC, I believe the 210M Primeres are being used in the WSM Cases with good success. However, if you use the 210M Primers in cases like the 300 RUM and 338 Lapua, you are right, you could get misfires.

Wildcat

Bughole I have used the BR Primers in 223 , Swift, etc. for Summer varmint hunting forever ....without any problems . I was testing out a 6.5-06 in Fall .....maybe 40 deg . weather and had hangfires . Right at the Range someone had Rem . Primers which I prceeded to use , and the problem was gone !

Im using CCI benchrest in all my guns, there ok. Ive read the cup is alittle stronger than the Fedral's. I would like to try some Fedral match but finding them around here is tough also.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.