5th Annual Once in a Lifetime Fishing Trip

gr8fuldoug

Official LRH Sponsor
Hey all, I'm out of here Monday morning, heading out for the 5th Annual Once in a Lifetime Fishing Trip, to Kodiak Alaska. I'll post pictures when I return (July 28th). While I am away Joel and Neil will be holding down the place. Please feel free to call them (212-753-5128) to see how things are going or e-mail them: Joel - cameralandaol.com Neil - cameralandneilaol.com I am sure they'll really appreciate the show of love and support for them in my absence :cool:

Here is an image from the 3rd Annual
000E.jpg

and one of the crew from the 4th Annual
000B.jpg

Looking forward to posting images from the upcoming 5th Annual

Looks like you've been there 2x and going a 3rd...Why do they call it "Once in a Lifetime":D

This is the 5th year, hense the 5th Annual.
5 years ago when my friend Chris and I brought the subject up to our wives they agreed that going fishing in Alaska was a once in a lifetime opportunity and we should do it. Well, it is now an annual trip and this year is the 5th annual

We got back yesterday and the trip was great. The weather was good with flat to 3' seas so getting out fishing everyday was no problem. Fishing was slow for Kodiak and we were only able to net 500 pounds of filets (yes, that is slow for a week in Kodiak, we're so spoiled).
One of the guys this year has been posting a blog about the trip that's worth taking a peek at.

Here's a few images from this year:

Jeremy with a 27* Yellow Eye
P7200024.jpg

Me with a nice Ling Cod
P7220084.jpg

Chris assisting Jeremy with his 145* Halibut
P7220097-1-1.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.