500 S&W (bear hunting)

Sometimes you just want the biggest and baddest hand cannon for the fun of it. I load a SW500 with Lil Gun and 350 gr pills and can consistently put the first round in a 3" circle at 15 yards. This is with a 4" ported barrel. Second shots are slower for sure, but not many things are still coming toward you after the first shot. It is literally a blast to shoot and also a great time to watch your buddies shoot. The reaction is priceless.
View attachment 428417
One thing for sure. You don't shoot it to many times. People were having trouble with the double action. While and after the first shot. the pistol pushed up into the air over there heads. They would pull the trigger a second time. Hitting themselves in the head with the pistol.
I know when I shoot it , it a 2 handed firearms. I put the heel of my second hand into the butt of the pistol. I feel it too.
Great picture too. I wish I could down load the high speed Vido showning how it kits.

For us folks that ain't so good at the maths thats 1,071 ft/lbs compared to 1509 ft/lbs...significant.

Not really! IMO The heavier bullet (if a higher sectional density) offering greater penetration and slightly larger bore diameter do offer benefits! memtb