500 Jeffery based wildcats

Mudd...
Yes, my smith flutes all my bbls in his shop except my two Brux bbls were factory fluted, (338 Pro and 6.5 Pro)
he also made me the stainless 40 moa scope rail for my Nightforce rings, drilled and tapped my Sako for 8x40 screws as the Sako is not drilled/tapped for bases of any kind but comes with bases that are part of the action for Sako's Opti-Lock rings.

I wanted a more solid scope setting because I had the Opti-Lock rings loosen up numerous times with the recoil of the 7.82 Warbird, my 375 Mjolnir has 30 grains more capacity !!

Mudd...
Yes, my smith flutes all my bbls in his shop except my two Brux bbls were factory fluted, (338 Pro and 6.5 Pro)
he also made me the stainless 40 moa scope rail for my Nightforce rings, drilled and tapped my Sako for 8x40 screws as the Sako is not drilled/tapped for bases of any kind but comes with bases that are part of the action for Sako's Opti-Lock rings.

I wanted a more solid scope setting because I had the Opti-Lock rings loosen up numerous times with the recoil of the 7.82 Warbird, my 375 Mjolnir has 30 grains more capacity !!

What is your case capacity in the .375 Mjolnir?

Case capacity for the 375 Mjolnir is 147.8 gr water (Quick Design estimate)

here is a batch of new, unfired die formed Jamison cases loaded with the 325 gr Hot Cor SP bullets and RL22. all these rounds were fired creating perfectly formed cases and zero losses.. have 50 pcs of Norma 500 Jeffery brass coming and will see how it compares to the Jamison stuff.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 155
my info on my fireforming load has a typo, the bullet used is a 235 gr Speer Hot Cor (not 325 gr)

Mud..
I intend on working with the 330 Gr Cutting Edge and the 350 Gr Sierra for long range use..
for out to 500 yards will be the 250 gr Barnes TTSX and 300 gr Accubond
for up close and personal out to 200 yards will work with the 300 gr Swift A-Frame and the 350 gr Barnes TSX

In the pic below are fireformed cases that show the actual shape of the 375 Mjolnir .
from left to right
330 gr. LD HPBT-MAX Cutting Edge bullet seated for single shot use
350 gr. HPBT Sierra Matchking bullet seated to magazine length
250 gr. TTSX BT Barnes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 182
I have no experience with Defiance actions but if it can run the big Weatherby cals off the 378 case and the 338 Lapua, then of course you will be able to !

Have taken the 375 Mjolnir out for some more load development and took it for a 1000 yard walk, at this point have yet to chronograph my loads ( my Magnetospeed chrono is finally on it's way, thanks Andy !) both of my Gamma Master Chrony's shook a tit and I don't bother setting them up anymore .
as soon as data is compiled I will post on this thread ! so far the Benchmark barrel has impressed the heck out of me, accuracy in load developement has been outstanding ! we will see how it performs in top end hot loads .

also really impressed with the new Nightforce ATACR ! 120 minutes of elevation on top of a 40 moa base ya can shoot way out to 2k+, just need to learn how and practice more, haha !

finally found a soft case that my Hammer Of Thor can fit in and zip up easily ! with the 33" bbl and the big Muscle Brake and the KRG Whiskey 3 chassis the overall length is 56 3/8" , the rifle fits comfortably with the Nightforce scope and bipod installed, absolutely awesome !! also got a case for my soon to be completed 338 Wolverine with the new gen 4 Whiskey 3 chassis !
contact Brian for the rifle cases @....
Soft Rifle Case, extra long, premium quality, USA made | Shoot-Long

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 107
the embroidery is top notch in a non glare silver grey thread, very nice !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 109
Man that .375 looks good, especially with the CEB seated in there. Thanks for stayin the course with this thread, many of us appreciate it.

I eagerly await some performance data.

t

** UPDATE**

when I necked down my 338 Wolverine to 30 cal, I made the neck longer and named the new wildcat the 300 Wolf,
after considering the fact that a "30 Wolf" has been around for a long time and a familiar name on LRH, I was going with naming it the "300 Timberwolf" but was informed that a fellow Alaskan had taken that name for his 338 Lapua based wildcat !

So the name was changed to "300 Werewolf"

the name fits very well, I think ! this is a monster of a 30 cal cartridge, case water capacity is 145 gr, approx 27 gr more than the mighty 7.82 Warbird ! ( a longtime favorite)

based on capacity and new powders, expect to run the Berger 230 gr bullets at 3500 fps !

the reamer is in my possession and also received my 416 Grizzly reamer (375 Mjolnir necked up and longer neck)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 115
The 300 werewolf sounds impressive. What length barrel are you thinking about using? Also do you know what psi the 500 Jeffery case will withstand?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.