375 cheytac imp variants

Coercionist

I hope this post finds you well. I've recently been venturing into the world of the 375 Cheytac and its intriguing variants, primarily focusing on the 375 DCM, VM2, and Snipetac. I am particularly interested in the ballistics of these cartridges, specifically with regards to velocities achieved with different powders and predominantly 400 grain bullets, though I'm also open to insights on lighter 350 grain bullets.

My primary objective is to reach a velocity goal of 3200 ft/s with a 400 grain bullet fired from a longer barrel, say within the 36-38 inch range. From my findings, I have noticed that the improved standard case design seems to offer longer case life, given the less amount of case growth due to the increased shoulder angle.

However, as we all know, no cartridge is without its quirks and challenges. I would love to hear your experiences, the unique problems you've faced with each of these cartridges, and how you've managed to overcome them. Moreover, I'm curious about your preferences between these variants and your reasons for choosing one over the other.

While I'm eager to learn from everyone's individual experiences, I believe that collectively, we can paint a more comprehensive picture of these fascinating cartridges. I appreciate all insights, whether they result from casual plinking, precision long-range shooting, or exhaustive reloading trials. Looking forward to your responses and merry Christmas to all

No help here, but what's your intended purpose? The guys in the ELR sub forum may be of more help.
I posted the same in the ELR thread. Intended purpose is to be able to reach out to about 2 miles and still have enough energy for game when needed. Hopefully competition one day when I get the time.

WOW a tall order to fill.
If you are looking to shoot 2 miles you need some good friends, $$$$ for a build and land.
Unless you are going into combat and wanting to get your name for a 2 mile Kill I would not advise trying to shoot an animal at that range.
The 2 mile Challange is a very tough Sport. There are articles and information on this Challenge.
You are going to go through a lot of AMMO, Barrels and have a dedicated team to work with you and an investment $$$$ for gear and instruments.
I like that you have the ambition to try the 2 Mile Challange.

Jill and I have .338LMAI Builds for a task of "Hopefully" getting out to 2,500 yds (1.42 miles) AND HITTING A 3' target.

There is a lot of info on line for the 2 Mile Challenge.
Wish you the best of luck and hope that you have a good team to support you.
The 375 Cheytac is a good start!

Merry Christmas
Len & Jill

I shoot a 338am and at 2500 it takes a while for it to get there. I have a barrel on order since 11/2022 that's going to be a 375am and it will take an even longer time for a 400gn ce Lazer to get to 3520 with not much gas left in the tank when it gets there to kill an animal.

WOW a tall order to fill.
If you are looking to shoot 2 miles you need some good friends, $$$$ for a build and land.
Unless you are going into combat and wanting to get your name for a 2 mile Kill I would not advise trying to shoot an animal at that range.
The 2 mile Challange is a very tough Sport. There are articles and information on this Challenge.
You are going to go through a lot of AMMO, Barrels and have a dedicated team to work with you and an investment $$$$ for gear and instruments.
I like that you have the ambition to try the 2 Mile Challange.

Jill and I have .338LMAI Builds for a task of "Hopefully" getting out to 2,500 yds (1.42 miles) AND HITTING A 3' target.

There is a lot of info on line for the 2 Mile Challenge.
Wish you the best of luck and hope that you have a good team to support you.
The 375 Cheytac is a good start!

Merry Christmas
Len & Jill
Definitely not looking to shoot an animal at that range. Just wanna get out that far on target and then a maximum of 1500 yards in an absolute perfect scenario on game. But with skill and a cheytac amount of power that can be done. Land is a pretty big factor and later on I'm looking to buy some property out on flat ground for this reason.

Merry Christmas and thank you for the response

I shoot a 338am and at 2500 it takes a while for it to get there. I have a barrel on order since 11/2022 that's going to be a 375am and it will take an even longer time for a 400gn ce Lazer to get to 3520 with not much gas left in the tank when it gets there to kill an animal.
What sort of velocity and barrel length are you expecting out of the larger Allen Magnum?

You tell me, that was at 1500, adding a half moa each shot because there was no report and we thought it was going just under the target, when in fact it was going through it.

Attachments

• IMG_1339.jpeg
    IMG_1339.jpeg
    408.1 KB · Views: 45
That is beyond power. I wonder how far it would punch through level 4 plates?
Not familiar with level 4 plates this was 3/8" triblaze the owner assured me nothing would go through at that distance. I made sure he knew and agreed I was not responsible. But you can see they flew well and are pretty much equidistant moving up from the first shot at the bottom. I looked like you stuck it in a drill press. No target movement or sound, just dust under the target. 1/2" ar500 will stop it at 500 with no dings to the surface but it will bend the t-post if you have it on a t-post hanger.