34mm Scope Mounting- Where can I buy?

ddd

Howdy,

I just bought and received the Huskemaw 5-30x56 tactical scope and ordered the Talley rings for it. I want to mount it right on my 6.5 Creedmoor and think the rings should be aligned and lapped.

Would you agree that it is wise/necessary to align and lap it?

Also, where the heck can I buy the stuff to do this? I haven't found a thing for it yet. I called some funny name outfit in MT that was backed up for several weeks (Kokopelli?) and even the almighty Amazon didn't seem to have anything.

Any input is greatly appreciated,

Derek

I made one to lap my Talleys for the 34mm Leupold. I have no idea how much a rod would cost but I will sell you the one I made when I'm finished with it. I am waiting for the gunsmith to return the scope after he compares it with his Nightforce. The shaft is 15" long with about 13" of 33.9mm. The lapping part is plus or minus .002" as far as I could figure. I turned and sanded it using cold roll material. The handle is about 6" X 1 1/4".

Kokopelli is the best there is. If you can wait, buy one from them. John Werre owns the company and is a great guy. He doesn't make it easy to buy his products, though.

Which Talley rings do you have? Talley lightweight rings always need lapping because the saddles are extruded and they are not round. In general, you can check alignment on two piece bases using a steel ruler and feeler gauges. If the bases and saddles are parallel, you may be OK without lapping.

1) thanks everyone

2)I got the medium height tactical rings and have the bar on order now. I'll just wait and do it right.

1) thanks everyone

2)I got the medium height tactical rings and have the bar on order now. I'll just wait and do it right.

I did mine yesterday. The bottom portions on both rings needed quite a bit of attention. After getting about 95% smooth I switched from 220 grit with back and forth strokes to rotation action with 400 grit and tightened the top rings. After a few minutes I tightened them down a little more and gave it a few more minutes of rotational action. When I took them off and cleaned up everything the top rings were still black. It seems they are ready to install the scope.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.