338 win.

rwk

Depending on what i can find which bullet would you go with 210 gr. nosler partition or 210 gr. barnes ttsx for elk and my be a bear.

I have a .338 WinMag, and it came with 2 boxes of ammo. 1 box was Barnes TTSX 210gr ammo, and the other was some purchased handloads with 210 Scirocco's that the previous owner had purchased.

Neither shot good, but I think the barrel is just shot-out on mine (purchased it like that, apparantly). So it's getting converted to either a .257 Wby or .25-06 AI (with a new bolt body).

Just reaffirming my lack-of need for something of that caliber around these parts. I was willing to give the .338 caliber a chance, but in the end it has bitten me....Either way, I got such a good deal on the rifle I was willing to give it a shot regardless of whether it would shoot or not. If it didn't, It was worth it for the stainless jeweled 700 action, and B&C Medalist stock that came on it. :D

Last edited:
The 338 win usually does best with a 225, but either 210 you mention will do well. I'd take on the ttsx myself.
In my 338 I load either the 225 hornady interlock or the 225 accubond. Still shooting up some 250 sierras too I think.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.