338 Win Mag Reloder 26

An update since the last post I made because I don't have cellular service being up here in the mountains until right now: After cleaning the barrel I was shooting 1/4"-1/3" MOA groups with the 79 grain load at 2,820 consistently. Hard to believe it's shooting as great as it is but I'm dang sure not gonna complain! Got it all dialed in and synced to my Sig 10K range finding binos and will be ready for elk season with it if I choose to use it this year.

An update since the last post I made because I don't have cellular service being up here in the mountains until right now: After cleaning the barrel I was shooting 1/4"-1/3" MOA groups with the 79 grain load at 2,820 consistently. Hard to believe it's shooting as great as it is but I'm dang sure not gonna complain! Got it all dialed in and synced to my Sig 10K range finding binos and will be ready for elk season with it if I choose to use it this year.

I think that that is Friggin Awsome and I may have a bit of good news!

I assume that your testing in Texas, and going way out on a limb here, it's probably pretty warm down there! If so, and you can live with the present pressures…..it's not likely to ever get higher. And I'm just guessing, this rifle is for hunting and not shooting hundreds of rounds per year on steel!

If the above is true…..go forth and slay some elk with your great load!

Now I'm tempted to try some of that RL 26! 😉 memtb

I think that that is Friggin Awsome and I may have a bit of good news!

I assume that your testing in Texas, and going way out on a limb here, it's probably pretty warm down there! If so, and you can live with the present pressures…..it's not likely to ever get higher. And I'm just guessing, this rifle is for hunting and not shooting hundreds of rounds per year on steel!

If the above is true…..go forth and slay some elk with your great load!

Now I'm tempted to try some of that RL 26! 😉 memtb
I'm actually at my Colorado ranch near Steamboat Springs right now (which is where I elk hunt). Got it sighted in and gonna lock it up here in the safe till I come back for hunting season. And yes you should try it in the 338 WM. It has surprised me at how much extra velocity it offers. Seems like 76-77 grains is a sweet node but mine just turned out the most accurate at 79 grains.