338 snipe-tac project (338-408imp)

Here are some photos of the project. Its pillar bedded, bbl floated, just waiting to make a trigger gaurd. It will have a 50moa base, and a IOR Valdala 6x24 35mm tube scope perched on top. Stock is a Lone Wolf carbon fiber.

[image]
[/image]

[image][/image]

[image][/image]

[image][/image]

BD408,

Get that baby shooting, we need to see some groups!!!

Looks pretty **** impressive, whats the weight up to so far. Isn't that IOR a heavy piece of glass? What reticle are you using?

Later, keep us posted as always!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby,

Me thinks the scope is around 29 oz. I have the MP-8 redicle. The rifle is at 13.5#, i still have to shorten the stock, besides that its ready to shoot. I set out to build the rifle at 16# scoped, it will be darn close! Just have to fire form some ammo, cut some dies. Blizzard coming my way thursday, so i dont think i'll be doing much shooting this weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Good reason to stay by the fire and work on customers guns too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I got a pretty Ti action in the works, just finishing up on the bolt assembly.
Customer wants a magazine for the SnipeTac, weighing my options, Box or construct a 4 shot mag.

I'm sure ill have some paper soon with holes in it.

Dave

BD408,

You will be getting the weather that is sitting on us right now. Snow is pretty much over and headed your way but the cold is setting in. Friday night we are supposed to see near 30 degrees BELOW zero at the coldest point and then we are supposed to get a gradual warm up next week.

High temps Saturday will be in the -8 to -10 degree range!!! Fun stuff. Like you said, good time to work on customers rifles. Also a great time to be chasing coyotes!!!

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

I sure wish we could get some snow around our region, or at least some of your cold. We get it maybe 1 time a year if were lucky and its about 1-2 inch skiff that melts by afternoon. I'm tired of this spring weather. Its like 40degrees all the time. Its February for god sakes. Not good for yote hunting. Freaking sucks actually.

Ok the rifle is now finished! I have started to do some testing and case prep.
====================================================
Here are the weight specs:

Rifle weight 13# 4 oz. no scope
Total weight with scope and mounts 16# 12 oz.
(IOR rings are very heavy) A set of Alum rings would be great.

Barrel is 33" with 2" Holland type muzzle break (stainless)
==========================================================
I necked brass today and fire formed the loads.
I tested the new US869 powder with 300grn MK's
I didnt chrono any loads on this trip, it was very windy and couldnt keep anything still on my portable bench rest.

[image][/image]
[image][/image]
[image][/image]
[image][/image]

Here are the targets from 200 yard range.

[image][/image]
[image][/image]

I will have more test data from differnt ranges soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.