.338 Papua grouping problems

Okay guys I have an update, 5 out of 12 ring screws were under torqued (assuming the spec is 15 but I'm not positive) they were actually under 10 in lbs. the other 7 were over tight by a few inches. The rail mounts were at almost 60 in lbs. I have scope off and I'm using a lapping bar on rings to make sure everything is snug to the tube. No lock tite was used at all. Does anyone know if this would cause a problem? I hope o gave Enough info thanks!

I have heard of problems with lead sled putting much more stress on the scope/mounting system than shooting it off of sandbags. A shooter using a lead sled at our range cracked a stock on his Browning rifle while using a lead sled (wood stock cracked at the tang).
Might have been other reasons for his stock to crack, but I have heard of others situations where the scope was eventually damaged after prolonged use in the lead sled.

I have everything back on and torqued down to what I think is specs, gunna call to make sure but trying to get out to the range today!

Update, I tried shooting it again, shot about 10 rounds out of it and was disappointed. About 6 Minuet group moving up down left and right without touching turrets..

Assuming everything is properly tightened down now it sounds more and more like a busted scope.

Called NF and badger got specs everything was tightened properly with blue lock tight. I mounted scope on my .223, if it's still off I'll send it in

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.