338 Lapua Improved Information

C

Chawlston

Hello,

Could someone who has the program for cartridge performance projections run the numbers on this with the 225 Accubond and the 300 grain Sierra. The barrel length is 30" and the twist is 1 in 10". Additionally, I am located at sea level in South Carolina. Thanks in advance.

James

[ QUOTE ]
That cartridge will push 300 grain bullets at 3100 from a 36 inch barrel and probably 2950-3000 from a 30 inch. 225's would probably do 3400 to 3500 from the 30 inch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks GG. BTW, I just bought a 6MM dasher on a Hall "B" with a Meredith stock.

I also got (by accident) a unique BRX.... One with a 40 degree shoulder. The reamer manufacturer made it good by giving me both the dasher and the brx reamers and gages for the price of one. Anyway, now we can see which one has an edge.

James

[ QUOTE ]

I also got (by accident) a unique BRX.... One with a 40 degree shoulder. The reamer manufacturer made it good by giving me both the dasher and the brx reamers and gages for the price of one. Anyway, now we can see which one has an edge.

[/ QUOTE ]
So how does the 40° BRX differ from the Dasher. Shorter neck on the BRX?

James

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So how does the 40° BRX differ from the Dasher. Shorter neck on the BRX?
James

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the neck is shorter.

James

[ QUOTE ]
You will like the longer necks in the BRs IMO.

Had the BRS and now shooting the BRDX which is a Ack Imp with long neck exactly same H20 as dasher but with long neck.

BH

[/ QUOTE ]

The BRX I originally ordered was the Bob Crone version and the one they sent to me was the 40 degree neck vice the 30 degree one designed by some PA benchrest club guy.

James

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.