338 help deciding

340 Weatherby. Or 338 Egde. That will be what I build a big 338 on.

for what you are stating though a 338Win Mag is probably fine. I am currently setting a 338 WM of my dads for just this purpose. It is getting threaded for a brake and I will also use a suppressor on it.

Assuming getting components into Canada can be a problem your best bets are probably going to be:

1. 338 Win Mag
Now performance wise 33 Nosler, 338 Edge, 338 RUM, and 338 Norma will easily outpace it. But I don't k ow how difficult it is to get components into Canada.

My buddy told me something about Canada having a Power limit or something to that effect. So what is the limit? How does it lay out.Do you have a diameter/caliber limit as well up there?
I'm not even sure exactly. It's more so based on energy/Jule numbers. But the liberals are trying to ban lots if hunting rifles and shotguns. They're back peddling right now as they've been called out. We will see what happens.

My buddy told me something about Canada having a Power limit or something to that effect. So what is the limit? How does it lay out.Do you have a diameter/caliber limit as well up there?
It's any cartridge over 10,000 joules. Also anything over 20mm. We have a bunch of restrictions up here, no cans, no big capacity semi autos, handguns got cut off.