.308 factory ammo....starting point.

andym

Using a 20' Tikka 1/11. Won't be reloading for a while. I'm just trying to get an idea of where to start with factory ammo. I'm heard good things with the 168gr and 175gr Hornady's as well as some Federal rounds.
Thanks,

Not that long ago I had a factory 308 that shot Winchester factory ammo very well, 165 ballistic tips and Accubonds. I wouldn't hesitate to use ballistic tips for deer at 308 velocity, but would definitely lean towards the Accubonds for elk.

Federal gold medal match can tell you about accuracy but for hunting try anything loaded with an accubond or maybe some hornady precision hunter. Nosler custom with accubonds have shot well for me.

Using a 20' Tikka 1/11. Won't be reloading for a while. I'm just trying to get an idea of where to start with factory ammo. I'm heard good things with the 168gr and 175gr Hornady's as well as some Federal rounds.
Thanks,

You might want to consider HSM's loaded with Berger's match hunting VLDs in 168 and 185.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.