300RUM + 230gr OTM

my mag length, 3.840". Id like some room to chase the lands.
3.840" is the stock mag length ? That's pretty good for a factory stick, my sendero was a little over 3.6" which looks funny with a 230 Berger buried in the case.

Not yet, that would be just .005" short of my mag length, 3.840". Id like some room to chase the lands.

Is that what you suggest, .020" jump??
.020 is a good place to start because with the hybrid you can always use that load as the throat erodes away. According to Bryan Litz, they shoot the same from .015 to .060. That was part of the design criteria. Looks like it's shooting well now with 99.8. So you can try .020 if it shoots well also no chasing the lands.

.020 is a good place to start because with the hybrid you can always use that load as the throat erodes away. According to Bryan Litz, they shoot the same from .015 to .060. That was part of the design criteria. Looks like it's shooting well now with 99.8. So you can try .020 if it shoots well also no chasing the lands.
Right. That's why I started at .057 off today.
It's funny because my 300wm likes 185 Hybrid at .094" off and my 28 Nosler likes 175 Elite Hunters at .093" off. I did seating depth test twice on those barrels just to make sure.

3.840" is the stock mag length ? That's pretty good for a factory stick, my sendero was a little over 3.6" which looks funny with a 230 Berger buried in the case.
I have a Wyatt's mbe-3 mag box.
I kind of wanted the 4.0" but didn't want to modify the rear bridge on the action.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.