300 otm ?

den

anybody shoot the otms around .085 off lands with any luck I am using rl 33 300 otm at 3.740 to fit mag 110 fcp 26" I believe this to be .085 off from closing bolt on dummy round not sure it that oal is the lands or jammed though or how much difference there is thanks ??

Not 100% sure what you are asking, but I have found the 300 OTM to be very forgiving in the seating department. One of my best 338 LM loads was -.065" off the lands.

Jeff

thanks broz the oal of 3.740 approx. .085 off by my current measuring method looks promising so far

I got ya. Chances are with the method you used you could be close to just touching the lands than .085". I did see a little better ES seated closer but feel that could very well be just what that chamber and barrel liked. I think you will get what you are looking for. I have seated some smaller Hybrids as far as -180" in Wby's and they shot very well.

Jeff

It has been reported that as far as ES is concerned RL33 prefers to be closer to the lands than jumping a fair way.

The only thing that matters is what your rifle tells you it likes or doesn't as the case may been.

Get a load sorted at 100 then test it further out to see if it stacks up.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.