.300 win mag load

hunterdan91978

Just bought a savage 300 win mag and I want to shoot 168gr Barnes TTSX. wondering if some one might share a good known load. Looking for best grouping not so much velocity. Thanks in advance.

My dads Browning A Bolt likes 79-80 grains of IMR 7977 with WLRM and R-P or Winchester brass. Pretty much one hole at 100 yards. This is using Barnes 168 gr TSX seated to 3.34"

73g 4831 or 72.5 4350. I have been working on these two loads the last three days. They are both within 100fps and the grouping is about the same. My next long break from work I will be figuring out how far it likes to jump.

Hi,
I am brand new to this site.
I have a Ruger 300 win mag and I was fortunate to win a long range scope from Quigley-Ford at a NWTF dinner last week.
I live in California so we are in the process of changing to non-lead loads.
I would like to get the scope set for a good 180 gr load in a copper bullet in ammunition that I can purchase, as I do not re load.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Roger

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.