300 ultra primers?

outdooraddict

What primers are you using for the 300 ultra I see some say federal 215, some are remington 9 1/2 and some remington 9 1/2m just wondering as I am just starting to reload myself I will be using retumbo, imr4350, and reloader 22 for powders and Im going to play with berger 210vld, 200gr accubonds, and 200gr barnes tsx to start any help is much appreciated I am working on a elk load and also would like to play with a light load to target practice with and not knock my shoulder off.

Two red flags

I've loaded for 300 RUM . Shot a Bear with that bad boy MAGNUM PRIMERS ONLY
Those heavy bullets don't go near any 4350. Reloader22 would be the fastest powder I'd use. Retumbo was the powder that worked the best for my self. 95grs of Retumbo with Rem Magnum 9 1/2 primer 200 gr Accubond produced 3,200 FPS and a dead Bear. So H1000, Re 25, Retumbo, Hodgen 869.

Every gun is different

The poster before me by "300 RUM" used exact same components as my self but his load was my starting load. His load could've produced same muzzle velocity as mine ? Who knows why?

The poster before me by "300 RUM" used exact same components as my self but his load was my starting load. His load could've produced same muzzle velocity as mine ? Who knows why?

I just got on the sporter barell 3050fps, with 0.5moa/100yards.
I got also very good grup 0.375 moa at 95gr Retumbo, but with hard extractor movement. So I stepped down to 91gr to be safer.

Now, I just rebarelled the rifle to a 338EDGE, and i'm in bullet development stage.
I tried US869 without good results, and now i'm using H-1000 with 92gr for 300SMK. The group is tighter, but I have to play with bullet deep seating. to tune the load.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.