300 rum

tired

Looking to pick up my new sendero.Is it worth the effort to break in or should I just change it to a custom barrel right away(I want to shoot to 1000)? what would be the best chamber, match or improved?

For what you spent on that rifle, give it a try first. If it will shoot consistently 1/2 to 3/4 MOA at 200yds, you have a winner!!!

I would suggest Retumbo/H1000 for lighter bullets, H50BMG for the heavies. Fed 215M primers. Had success with the Amax but a bit light. The MK are a no brainer and the 240gr does work well. You may however, find better success around the 210gr range of match bullets.

Have it bedded properly, tuned the trigger as light as you can use, mount a good scope with strong bases and have at it.

At LR, wind doping and trigger time is more important then shaving another 1/10 off a 100yd group. Spend the money on shooting.

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.