300 rum

T308

Finally got the 300 rum set up. I bedded the recoil lug, and added a vortex 6-24x50. We will find out how it works today!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 92
The 300 RUM has been my go to for the last several years. I don't think it can be beat for versatility 130gr TTSX for a screaming fast whitetail grenade, to 210gr VLDs for long range work. I have stuck with 168 TSX and TTSX. It shoots flat as all get out and hits hard. it has been a fantastic killer of big game.

If I was going to setup a dedicated long range rig I would look really hard at those Nosler Accubond LRs. It has tremendous potential for a true long range power house.

Did you go with an extended magazine box? If not you might want to consider it, especially if you shoot any of the VLD type bullets that like to be loaded out to the lands. Like berger hunting VLDs. Wyatt makes a good one that is pretty easy to install that gets you out near to 4" OAL.

Congrats on your rifle, looks like it will be a good shooter.

I didn't look into long magazines yet, I'm going to try out the nosler accubonds 180g just wait for a shipment of powder, h1000 and imr 4350, just going by the nosler book to see how accurate it will be.

My 300 RUM loves retumbo. I have the wyatt extended magazine box but I don't really use it. I have found a good load for my rifle using an OAL that would fit in a standard box, probably a bit tight but it has fit for several other guys and thier 300 RUMS.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.