.300 Rum in 27 Inch barrel

Akoutdoors

I've got a benchmark# 5 fluted that's going to be finished to 27 inches. It this long enoughfor the .300 Rum. Or should I go with .300 WinvMag or .300 WSM?. I plan on shooting 210 Bergers for black bear,deer, and moose here in Alaska out to 800 max I've got a 7wsm and 7 rem mag as well so I don't want to go that route. Bottom metal and mag are for .300 Win Mag with max OAL in the Magazine 3.60". I wouldnt worry about having more than on shot but shooting here is like ringing the dinner bell for bears.

Stiller TAC 300 LH
Manners T3
Jewell
CSR break
Nightforce 5.5-22x50
M4 detachable mag

I've got a benchmark# 5 fluted that's going to be finished to 27 inches. It this long enoughfor the .300 Rum. Or should I go with .300 WinvMag or .300 WSM?. I plan on shooting 210 Bergers for black bear,deer, and moose here in Alaska out to 800 max I've got a 7wsm and 7 rem mag as well so I don't want to go that route. Bottom metal and mag are for .300 Win Mag with max OAL in the Magazine 3.60". I wouldnt worry about having more than on shot but shooting here is like ringing the dinner bell for bears.

Stiller TAC 300 LH
Manners T3
Jewell
CSR break
Nightforce 5.5-22x50
M4 detachable mag

Perfect !!!!!!

J E CUSTOM

Sounds like a great set up. I'm getting one done with a 27" Broughton 5C Med Varmint Sporter which has a .750 muzzle and SSG brake. R700, PTG one peice bolt, HS Sendero Stock, Jewel, NF 5.5-22x50, extended mag box. Should be done any day now.

The 27" barrel will be just fine. I got good performance with a 26" Sendero barrel.

Good shooting and hunting and post some pics!

I have a .300 RUM with a 27" #5 3 grove Lilja. I agonized over the barrel - contour, weight, lenght. Settled on this. It is a hunting gun and weighs 9.5 cocked and locked. 210 Bergers at 3080 fps with 92 grains of retumbo.

I have another post on this thread about installing a Wyatt Mag box in this gun. Can not find anybody who has done this with a Montana Action. I bought the mag box for a M70 thinking it would be the same, but can not find out for sure.

I have one installed in 700 action and it is a nice poduct. If you are getting better groups and or more velosity by seating your bullet our father I would look into one of these mag boxes.

A hunting riffle should have rounds in the mag. You never know what is going to happen.

Attachments

• PA230372.jpg
    PA230372.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 83
Cross Choke and all the other knowledgeable members

Thanks for the experience and information. I really like the looks black metal and green stock, I am going to have black metal and tan stock.

Happy hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts