300 rum doing something new.........

If it was a wear problem I think it would gradually done this where it started all of a sudden I think the primer cup is probably a little softer like mentioned before allowing material to flow more than last batch of primers I don't think it's anything to worry about just my 2 cents

Ok so here is the deal, same rifle same loads and now the primers seem.to be cratering??? the only thing that has changed is this is a new brick of cci large rifle magnum primers. same brass, same bullets, same powder. they shoot the same but want to see what you may think of why this is now happening. could it just be because its a new batch of primers? the rounds were loaded and finished off the previous brick so time to reload and i opened a new brick. remington nickle brass on 2nd reload, norma brass on first reload.
It's pretty easy to see whats happening here just by looking at the pics of Op's primers, You can see the diameter of the firing pin by looking at the indentation, And you can see the size of the firing pin hole by looking at the diameter of the crater, The firing pin is quite a bit smaller than the hole.

1663853423300.png

Recent Posts