300 grain berger

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by TheFishBox, Mar 30, 2013.

1. TheFishBox

TheFishBox Well-Known Member

So how much of a difference have you guys noticed going from the otm's to the hunter elites? I was out shooting today and came out to be about a three min change in impact. Not sure if it was just conditions or the bullets. Also how temp sensitive is h1000 I was shooting 89 grains with no bolt lift or marks and at 100 they are touching, at 50 degrees but when it got to be about 70 i was getting extractor marks and stiff bolt.

2. D.Camilleri

D.Camilleri Well-Known Member

What caliber? I shoot 90gr of H-1000 in my 338rum with the 300 otms and the only difference in velocity is when it gets super cold, I gain about 20 fps. I am not planning on shooting the hunting elite because the otm kills lights out.

3. TheFishBox

lapua. I was using the otms and order them but the place sent me the hybrid elites.

4. D.Camilleri

D.Camilleri Well-Known Member

I think the bullet has the same profile, the hunting bullet has a slightly thinner jacket.

5. angus-5024

angus-5024 Well-Known Member

Did yuo crack into a new can of powder? Hogdon is known for lot to lot diffrences.

6. TheFishBox

no same jug of powder. I dont really want to reduce it because that load is touching with each shot at 100.