300 Grain Bergers

I just got mine today they look like tiny missiles. Hope to shoot them tomorrow at Thunder Valley doing some loading as we speak.

Just ordered 100. I can't wait to test them in my 338 Lapua mag. I have 700 300 SMK's down the tube so this will be interesting to see the differences.

Jeff gun)gun)

We were rained out today. Hopefully we can shoot tomorrow afternoon. Will be shooting the Burgers out of the 338 Allen Mag and 338 yogi.

Wasgas use 93 grs. of retumbo it works good. I get 2950 FPS out of a 30" barrel on my .338 RUM. Been using the load for 6 years and just starting to replaceing my brass.

I have 2 boxes coming will see how they shot i have used Sierra 300 and lapua 300 didn't see much differents between those two.

Here are my first 5 loaded ready to fire. Will shoot a 300 yard group with them tomorrow. I loaded them just like I do the SMK's .062" off the lands and the Bergers end up with an OAL that is .106" longer. I stil have room in the mag box and they just barly will eject a loaded round from my Mark V action.:)

I also dropped the charge of H-1000 2.5 gr. to start.

Some measurments compared to the SMK.

300 SMK average OAL of bullet = 1.720"

300 Berger average OAL of Bullet= 1.830"

SMK Base to O-give = .959"

Berger Base to O-give = .965"

DSC02307.jpg

Here are my first 5 loaded ready to fire. Will shoot a 300 yard group with them tomorrow. I loaded them just like I do the SMK's .062" off the lands and the Bergers end up with an OAL that is .106" longer. I stil have room in the mag box and they just barly will eject a loaded round from my Mark V action.:)

I also dropped the charge of H-1000 2.5 gr. to start.

Some measurments compared to the SMK.

300 SMK average OAL of bullet = 1.720"

300 Berger average OAL of Bullet= 1.830"

SMK Base to O-give = .959"

Berger Base to O-give = .965"

DSC02307.jpg

Let us know how it goes, Broz.

wow! Now I want to build a 338 just so I can play too!

what twist rate is required to shoot these big 300 grainers??

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.