.300 & 7RUM brass?

I've just started using some ADG brass and it seems good, definitely pretty. I was using Rem brass before, some was Barnes head stamp. I had great luck with both of those, I still have it. most have like 5 firings and only lost a couple primer pockets.

Right now, whatever you can find.
I have a bunch of Rem from my original build. It's soft. Primer pockets don't last long if you push them. ADG is wonderful - when you can find them.

I'm trying to get ADG - Creedmoor Sports will let you backorder them.

I'm using Hornady currently, both factory cases and loading cases. My loads are significantly better than the factory rounds with basically zero effort/ development, so I'm rating the brass as "acceptable" currently until I really start pushing them hard. I got 100 pieces (five lot-matched 20-round boxes), and ended up with ~80 after the initial cull, getting down closer to 50 after working through them once.

What are you shooting out of?

It's a custom. Proof 26" carbon barrel, Pierce titanium action cut for a Wyatt box, Trigger Tech trigger, the brake came from one of our posters but I forgot who (sorry, man), Jack Kiester ((540) 867-0488) is fitting and chambering and making the extra-light carbon fiber stock. The reamer is a .338 RUM necked to 7mm for use with .300 brass to take advantage of the extra .100". The formed case holds 109 grains of water to the mouth.

I'm expecting it any day now so I figured I better get some brass on the way.

It's a custom. Proof 26" carbon barrel, Pierce titanium action cut for a Wyatt box, Trigger Tech trigger, the brake came from one of our posters but I forgot who (sorry, man), Jack Kiester ((540) 867-0488) is fitting and chambering and making the extra-light carbon fiber stock. The reamer is a .338 RUM necked to 7mm for use with .300 brass to take advantage of the extra .100". The formed case holds 109 grains of water to the mouth.

I'm expecting it any day now so I figured I better get some brass on the way.
You lost me on your reamer there... 338 rum necked to 7mm for use with 300 brass?
338 RUM has the shoulder about 0.100" back. 7 RUM and 300 RUM should have the shoulder in the same spot.

I've had good luck Rem brass in the Ultra Mags. I've used it for all of the factory RUM cases as well as a few wildcats based on those cases. I've also had good luck using Norma 404 Jeffery brass to form cases for RUM based wildcats.

You lost me on your reamer there... 338 rum necked to 7mm for use with 300 brass?
338 RUM has the shoulder about 0.100" back. 7 RUM and 300 RUM should have the shoulder in the same spot.

I imagine he's using the 338 RUM necked down to 7mm for the body dimensions, but using 300 or 7mm RUM brass and pushing the shoulder back to match the shoulder position of the 338 RUM case. This will give you a long-necked 338 RUM case, which should work really well for a 7mm intended to shoot heavier/longer bullets.

Wow what kind of velocity did you have from a 6.5 RUM. also how long did the barrel last?

3,419 feet per second with Nosler 140 Accu-bond. Now that Hammer bullets are available I will switch it to them. I have no idea how many rounds it will take to wear it out. It is used only for hunting deer and antelope.