7rum

Morack

Im shooting a 168vld with 93grains retumbo col is 3.886. I see Berger only goes with max of 89.3. No pressure signs running about 3350fps anyone else?

I've gone up to 93 grains retumbo with the 171 barnes and it was fine in my 7rum, but I've backed down to 89 grains as the accuracy is better there. I'll be working with rl50 in the near future with it as I think retumbo is a bit fast for full throttle loads with heavy bullets in the 7rum.

Retumbo with sierra 168 hpbt they go to 94grs. Mine seems to be more accurate at the top end.

I am just beginning to build my 7rum but I am having a very hard time finding brass. I was thinking about trying 50bmg or rl25 with 180's.

The speed seems OK.
I'm running 180 berger hybrids with 99gr US869 for 3250fps. I've got a 20 thou jump to the lands, but my RUM is short throated.

What twist rate do you have? I have a 28" Krieger barrel in 1/10 and would love to try 180's but think my twist rate may be slow. Mine is long throated, with 168's I could not get close to lands.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.