30 nolser velocity vs drop chart

Your zero is off.

Shoot at 100 yds, set zero there.(you can set it where you want but at 100, it must match the height you input into the program)

Then re check, I'm guessing numbers will match your fps.

Your zero is off.

Shoot at 100 yds, set zero there.(you can set it where you want but at 100, it must match the height you input into the program)

Then re check, I'm guessing numbers will match your fps.

We zeroed at 100 yards before we started? Used two range finders to verify. Could re check though

Sounds more like your scope is not moving the reticle the exact amount of distance your ballistic solver is giving you. I would first shoot a test target to confirm exactly what your dial is actually changing point of impact.

Sounds more like your scope is not moving the reticle the exact amount of distance your ballistic solver is giving you. I would first shoot a test target to confirm exactly what your dial is actually changing point of impact.
When he changed the fps in the ballistic program, it all worked perfectly. So that rules out scope error.

When he changed the fps in the ballistic program, it all worked perfectly. So that rules out scope error.
Actually by changing the fps and getting it right means he should test his turret on a test target. He used radar so his speed should be quite accurate BC and the various solvers have become quite good in recent years. If his turret isn't correcting exactly what the solver is using but is still precise in it's movement it will repeat the same and you can change fps to accommodate that if you don't have a way to change the correction distance of each click

Actually by changing the fps and getting it right means he should test his turret on a test target. He used radar so his speed should be quite accurate BC and the various solvers have become quite good in recent years. If his turret isn't correcting exactly what the solver is using but is still precise in it's movement it will repeat the same and you can change fps to accommodate that if you don't have a way to change the correction distance of each click
Is it possible he adjusted it like a 1/8" moa, but it's really a 1/4"?

I meant it is 1/4 per click, but he was adjusting it like it was 1/8 per click.
What if that click tht says 1/4 actually is not 1/4 moa on target. A tall target test will show that and give you what the exact distance it is correcting to. Some claim 1/4 moa per click but in testing change 1.635iphy because the thread is 125 tpi vs 112. Others are 100tpi and change 1 inch and that will show up fairly quickly as well. One look at the scopes tested on the humbler and you would see many high quality items show 3% difference once you get out of the center of the turret travel. Go here buy a few of these and find out if your rifle's scope is doing what you think it is. They have them for moa iphy and mils. Your job is to eliminate variables and make sure your knowns are actually known when shooting at distance
https://www.boxtobenchprecision.com/target-instructions-2

I don't think there is enough information to say what the problem is. But, we can say that this is not solely a BC or MV issue. If we hold the velocity of 3,040 fps, and toggled BC to match drop at 1,600 yards using 3,200 fps (presumably with the factory BC of 0.348), the BC would need to be ~0.363. But this change in BC would not constitute a miss at 400 yards. For a MV of 3,140 fps, changing the BC from 0.348 to 0.363 accounts for 0.2-inches of difference at 400 yards compared to a MV of 3,140 fps with a BC of 0.348.

If the scope is adjusting in SMOA (IPHY), I would expect that he would be shooting low compared to TMOA. But the scope could be part of the problem as well.

To the OP, were you shooting paper or steel? If steel, did you go downrange to confirm hit location relative to center? Can you provide more specific information regarding real world drops and observed group sizes?

I would also double check the following:
  • Check torque settings on action screws
  • Make sure scope is properly mounted & torqued to rifle, set for eye relief, diopter is set to you, and that you are adjusting parallax correctly.
  • I would run a tall target test on your scope to check for tracking
  • Double check ranges
  • Check inputs, settings, and output units in your ballistic calculator
  • check zero at 100 yards
  • calibrate velocity based on observed drop at ~80% of Mach 1.2
  • calibrate BC based on observed drops in transonic region.

I don't think there is enough information to say what the problem is. But, we can say that this is not solely a BC or MV issue. If we hold the velocity of 3,040 fps, and toggled BC to match drop at 1,600 yards using 3,200 fps (presumably with the factory BC of 0.348), the BC would need to be ~0.363. But this change in BC would not constitute a miss at 400 yards. For a MV of 3,140 fps, changing the BC from 0.348 to 0.363 accounts for 0.2-inches of difference at 400 yards compared to a MV of 3,140 fps with a BC of 0.348.

If the scope is adjusting in SMOA (IPHY), I would expect that he would be shooting low compared to TMOA. But the scope could be part of the problem as well.

To the OP, were you shooting paper or steel? If steel, did you go downrange to confirm hit location relative to center? Can you provide more specific information regarding real world drops and observed group sizes?

I would also double check the following:
  • Check torque settings on action screws
  • Make sure scope is properly mounted & torqued to rifle, set for eye relief, diopter is set to you, and that you are adjusting parallax correctly.
  • I would run a tall target test on your scope to check for tracking
  • Double check ranges
  • Check inputs, settings, and output units in your ballistic calculator
  • check zero at 100 yards
  • calibrate velocity based on observed drop at ~80% of Mach 1.2
  • calibrate BC based on observed drops in transonic region.
You sir, are good!

What program are you using? Didnt see if you posted that anywhere.

If you have the hornady app then try their 4dof program and ditch the g1/g7. The 4dof has been spot on with 3 different rifles i use and have helped others with.

If you trust the labradar velocity then enter it in as that and double check all other inputs, and theres the correction factor to help adjust the curve if your a little bit off with actual drops vs what the program says.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.