30 nolser velocity vs drop chart

I'm guessing the bc is off. The lab radar is pretty consistent. Like stated I went off the g1 bc of .690 that hornady provided. Will have to adjust to suit.

Yeah I know. Just being objective about it. If it's equipment people always have the potential to mess up something.

Just put all your data in a ballistic solver and move the BC around till your dope of lines up. If it won't, then move the MV around a little until it does.

I played around on the hornandy and Berger ballistics calculator, and if you put in a 150 yard zero your 3040 fps works out to the advertised b.c. may be worth checking your zero

I understand that part. Changing the velocity would indicate its moving faster than chronographed, right? Which means to adjust drops, would take more clicks than needed. Essentially you would have been shooting high (ie: only needed 5 moa of adjustment, but you made 7 for the 3040).

Someone help me if I'm seeing this wrong. The only thing I can think of, is the BC was enter as a lot higher than it should be.
He said "High"

He said "High"
Look mister came into the conversation late. He said "low" originally, read all the posts before you make yourself look foolish. You will see a post after mine where he corrected himself.

Here you go!

I think were saying the same thing. Real world data is showing it is moving faster than 3040. Requiring less clicks as its hitting the target faster. At 3040 I required 11.5 clicks at 300 yards where as 3200 I required 10 if that makes sense. All I can think of is bc isnt correct. However came straight off the hornady box. And you are correct, I got muddled, it was high not low with the original speed.

One thing I've often wondered about...we know the barrel has harmonics and it goes up and down. If the barrel has a slight rise in it when a bullet leaves then it could cause these type of situations. If the bullet was going faster or slower it could cause the barrel end to be slightly pointed down.

In other words, the ballistic apps with BC and velocity as inputs and drop as an output assume the barrel is perfectly flat when the bullet leaves the barrel.

I have no real world experience with this other than having to adjust my velocities to get actual and predicted drops to match, so this is more of me wondering if this could be a cause.

Last edited:
Look mister came into the conversation late. He said "low" originally, read all the posts before you make yourself look foolish. You will see a post after mine where he corrected himself.

Here you go!
Not that it truly matters...he's here for help...if you look at his original post top of the chat sentence 7 he says "high" which is before your initial response...I was trying to help so you could understand that high was correct as you were thinking!

Not that it truly matters...he's here for help...if you look at his original post top of the chat sentence 7 he says "high" which is before your initial response...I was trying to help so you could understand that high was correct as you were thinking!

Dude! Read what I quoted! He has written "Low", and it still had low when I replied. I quoted it so you could read it, not ignore it and keep arguing. I'm not being an acehoe dude, just read ALL posts first.

@30noslercam sir will you please tell this man, your initial post said "low" to begin with?

And you are correct, I got muddled, it was high not low with the original speed.

Here is his 2nd post it still says "low".

Screenshot_20190630-204510_Samsung Internet.jpg

Initial post was 2:47 PM, he changed it at 3:40

Screenshot_20190630-204404_Samsung Internet.jpg

PS: I'm sorry if I came across as a smartass.

Last edited:
One thing I've often wondered about...we know the barrel has harmonics and it goes up and down. If the barrel has a slight rise in it when a bullet leaves then it could cause these type of situations. If the bullet was going faster or slower it could cause the barrel end to be slightly pointed down.

In other words, the ballistic apps with BC and velocity as inputs and drop as an output assume the barrel is perfectly flat when the bullet leaves the barrel.

I have no real world experience with this other than having to adjust my velocities to get actual and predicted drops to match, so this is more of me wondering if this could be a cause.

barrels usually do have like a 5 degree upward angle. Either way, its irrelevant. The math in the ballistic solvers in regards to drop is atmospherics and gravity. Which is pretty easy to math. The computer dont really need to know about barrel angle because it assumes the angle based on your zero, and the constant rate of gravity over speed over assumed direction which is obviously forward of the shooter. Since it knows that, then it knows where it falls in relation to the scope and you put the scope height for its relation to the bore.

Allgood guys, I did get mixed up originally and changed it once I realised what I'd written. I'm happy regardless as I know where my bullets are impacting consistantly to 1600 yards which is as far as I will ever shoot. Thanks for everybodies advice. @Overkill338 is correct and was a great deal of help.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.