30-06 improved ??

Looks sweet, you did an excellent job with it! My gunsmith is re-chambering a Kimber 84L Hunter in .30-06 into .30 Gibbs for me. Got me the dies already.

View attachment 182609

If you Google, there are a few ways of how end-users are forming their brass. A bit pricey but QC also makes brass for it.

Good luck and thanks for sharing your new rig.
Have you played with the 215gr or the 208gr with your Gibbs?

Thx CA. I like the idea of the Sherman, but for the price of dies, reamer and brass, I can make my own cartridge. He obviously did a good job cause people love them

I'm having one built, Rich has been nothing but outstanding to work with. As fat as the expenses, the dies are the worst part to swallow. For brass you can use any 270, 280, 280ai. Pick up a Sinclair expander and your in business. There are constantly 30 cal bullets on here for cheap. Anything you do to get a zipped up .30 on a .473 bolt face is going to cost you money.

Thx CA. I like the idea of the Sherman, but for the price of dies, reamer and brass, I can make my own cartridge. He obviously did a good job cause people love them
I think he is gonna start offering the hornady custom bushing dies, they are $170 vs the freaking expensive Whidden dies.....not sure if that helps. 06' ai dies are like $80-$175 for non bushing dies on midway. Still doesn't help the fact that you can't use factory 06' ammo.

If your not in a hurry I will be posting some load data for the Sherman around the end of April. I've got 150g thru 200g bullets to try with 4-5 powders. The goal is to get 181 Hammers above 3k for some bad elk medicine.

I like the idea of a 30-06ai or 30 Sherman. I have a 30-06 I was thinking about getting rechambered. But it's a Tikka and I don't feel like the extra expense was worth it with the short mag box.

The 06ai does seem the easiest since you could form brass with factory loads. But obviously the other two would have more performance.

I have a Mod 70 30-06AI that I like a lot and I favor a chambering that would also shoot factory.
Consider also the Weatherby RPM case as it has the same head size & I would say the chances are good that a factory chambering will happen, wildcat likely soon, that is if you can hold off a bit.

I have a Mod 70 30-06AI that I like a lot and I favor a chambering that would also shoot factory.
Consider also the Weatherby RPM case as it has the same head size & I would say the chances are good that a factory chambering will happen, wildcat likely soon, that is if you can hold off a bit.
They stole my idea!! I was looking thru my 30-284 stuff today to see if I had a reamer I could plunge in deep enough to make 30-06 brass fit length wise. Found my dies

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.