30-06 improved ??

Mram10us

I have a chassis 30-06 i chambered for LR military competitions. Now I want to supersize it :) What variants do you know of that give the basic 30-06 a real boost AND I can still use saami cases to ff. Thanks.
8DFEDE8D-34DF-4FC1-B87A-F9C5758463C5.jpeg

Last edited:
The Ackley 30-06 improved is a possibility. the online Nosler reloading data has 30-06 improved data. With RL22 they show approximately 150+/- fps improvement over the standard 30-06. Dies are available, from RCBS (not off the shelf usually) and others.

Do the Gibbs or Sherman allow you to shoot regular 30-06?

I believe you'd have to either use cream of wheat method to fire form first, or load bullets to the lands to fire form for the Gibbs or Sherman. 30-06 AI you could load standard 30-06 as long as it's chambered for crush fit. I believe you could get AI dies (Hornady) for a reasonable price.

that
shoot elkaholic a message he will explain everything in detail I spoke with him the other day about a 6.5 Sherman very nice guy and very helpful you can find his website at Sherman wildcats

yeah, i will second the Sherman. Rich is an outstanding guy i have a 7 Sherman max being built for long range elk and i have a 6.5 Sherman short that is darn near done! i Just shot out my 300 rum so im looking in to the 338 Sherman as another thumper.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.