280 AI

My .280AI weighs 8lbs 13oz all in. You should be close I weight depending on scope.

R700LA BDL
26" Proof Sendero light 1:9"
Manners EH1
Timney CE
March F 3-24×52

I shoot a 175 Berger @ 2975fps in mine. This was at 921 yards. Lightweight rifles do not necessarily mean less accurate at distance. 2.9" 3 shot group.

I just have a regular old 280 going to load for soon but I still have over 200 factory rounds

Lance. I don't know what your A.I. neck clearance is but the loaded no turn o.d. with 280 brass is only about .308"-309" and the 270 brass is .312". I use 270 all the time with the Sherman
I have no plans of switching brass. I have 250 pcs of Nosler brass, and most have 2 firings on them. I figure they should last me the life of the barrel.

Cool i didnt know norma loaded 280ai. Its nice to have options if i ever get in a pinch. I, like most of you, bought 100 pcs. Of the nosler brass and it was high quality to my standards. I weighed all of em and they were within 2 grains or so. Ive fired all of em once and most twice and they still look great.

Barrel is a 9 twist x-caliber[gasp] i know its not a fancy cut rifled masterpiece but it shoots very well. I even shot a box of good ol remington core lokt 140gr. Just to see. And it shot sub moa at 100. And i sure did get a kick out of those puffed up cases when they kicked out lol

Sorry, I didn't clarify - I'm fire forming factory 280 Norma 150gr

I did first testing with N560 today with a Berger 168 HVLD, Fed 210 and Nosler brass. Got 3046 without any pressure signs and stopped there. Looks like I found a good node at around 2975 between 60.3 and 60.9gr with a 25" barrel, .020 off the lands. Will continue to refine and load several within that window.

I have an older chamber before nosler standardized the 280ai. I have my own brass (200 cases) so i won't ever need any. My question, years later people trying to fire nosler ammo in these old chambers. Did saami do the right thing? Will this new ammo form in these old chambers?

Sorry, I didn't clarify - I'm fire forming factory 280 Norma 150gr

Ahh that makes more sense. I did see that hornady added a 280ai load to their precision hunter line with 162gr eldx. I may try a box for the hell of it if I ever come across it, which seems unlikely

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.