280 ACKLEY LOAD DATA NEW RIDGELINE

Jnm300ultra

I just received my new Christensen Ridgeline 280 Ackley. I really was looking for Berger 168 hybrid, 150 Nosler Etip and Barnes 145LRX. I have 100 new pieces of Nosler brass. Is there a seating depth rule for copper bullets. I usually start in the middle of the chart for powder and 15 thousands off the lands. I live in California that is the only reason I'm trying the lead free bullets.
Thanks
Jason

I just received my new Christensen Ridgeline 280 Ackley. I really was looking for Berger 168 hybrid, 150 Nosler Etip and Barnes 145LRX. I have 100 new pieces of Nosler brass. Is there a seating depth rule for copper bullets. I usually start in the middle of the chart for powder and 15 thousands off the lands. I live in California that is the only reason I'm trying the lead free bullets.
Thanks
Jason
I was shooting the 145lrx for a while and switched to the 143 hammer hunter with hodgdon hybrid 100 picked up some velocity and accuracy has been a great round to about 600 yards

RL22, RL26 and H4831SC have all been good to me in 280AI, with 168 grain bullets. I guess if I were to shoot copper bullets I'd go Hammer. I picked up a box of them to play with and I got them to shoot great in short order. That said I went back to a bonded bullet in 168 grain.

Thanks all for the reply, I knew Barnes or nosler said something about a large jump. Now after a few post everyone is saying try the hammers. Looks like something I will have to get a box. I have H4350 and H4831SC are the 2 powders I have.
Thanks everyone
Jason

Thanks all for the reply, I knew Barnes or nosler said something about a large jump. Now after a few post everyone is saying try the hammers. Looks like something I will have to get a box. I have H4350 and H4831SC are the 2 powders I have.
Thanks everyone
Jason
one or both of those will work great good luck

Thanks everyone

Jason

Yep! Just get the 15-Ct Sampler 👍🏻

I'm running 60.5g (Nosler manual Mx load) H4831SC with the 150 etip. IMR 7828 at 59.0 g ( min load) groups the same with an extra 30 FPS in my rifle. The interesting part was if I go over the min load with 7828 I see pressure right away and with the H4831SC I still don't have pressure at the max load with all else the same. I guess the point is be careful with the etips and start with a min load. We have killed quite a few animals from antelope to moose with the 150 etip out of the 280 AI and 7 mag and it hasn't failed to perform. It's my go to if I'm trying not to put big holes in sheep or goat. Please let us know how it goes with the 145 LRX if you do any load work. I have a box but haven't messed with them yet. I worked up a load for the 168 LRX with ramshot hunter that shot really well but then we moved and now I don't have enough elevation to reliably stabilize them. Good luck!

Thanks everyone
Jason
I'd say you got good powder for the bullet weights/types mentioned. 168 TMK (Sierra) is a pet bullet from another source on this forum. Since it's new, give it 100 rounds to settle the barrel in and then start finalizing your chosen load. Right now just load something generic and keep barrel temps reasonable. Save some money for the next 100 rounds.

H4350 worked best for me and rl22 wasn't bad either. I tried chasing the lands and it didn't work for me. The precision hunter 162gr eldm measures a short 3.2" and shot well in my rifle. I copied at OAL and accuracy improved greatly

This is all great info and thanks for the load data. BS Shooter I was hoping someone had some info on the Nosler 150 E-tips thanks. I will be using nosler ballistic tips to break in the barrel and clean barrel between shots. I don't want to wast my time loading ammunition during break in. I also bought some Nosler E-tip 140 gr ammunition to see how it is. Keep all the load data coming, maybe some day we will be back to shooting and not on the internet talking about it.
Thanks
Jason

This is all great info and thanks for the load data. BS Shooter I was hoping someone had some info on the Nosler 150 E-tips thanks. I will be using nosler ballistic tips to break in the barrel and clean barrel between shots. I don't want to wast my time loading ammunition during break in. I also bought some Nosler E-tip 140 gr ammunition to see how it is. Keep all the load data coming, maybe some day we will be back to shooting and not on the internet talking about it.
Thanks
Jason

E-Tips shot well out of my 30-06 👍🏻