270 wsm load for vld 150

pitbull320

just got some berger vld 150 for my 270 wsm does any one have some load data that you would share to help me out I 64 grs rl 19 with the 140 accubonds and this load works great but the bc on the vld is a lot better than the 140 accubond any info will help thanks

Ok so what i came up with for my Tikka T3 with a magazine. I dont have a manual, but after research i feel this is a good starting point what do you guys think?

Norma 270 WSM brass
150gr berger vld hunting
RL-19 56gr
2.78 oal

Im not sure how much longer i can make my oal and still be able to feed through my magazine.

I don't use any Reloader powder for my 270 WSM but with loading anything, but especially the Bergers I would find where the bullet touches the lands. You need this as a base line to know just how far of the lands you are so you can tune the seating depth and know what's going on.
The Alliant web site has a load for the 150's with 60gr of R19 so the 56 should be good.

Ok well i use the cleaning rod method as that is all i have right now. I got a measurement of 2.80". If correctly measured im .02" off the lands correct? Im not sure how much i trust this method though.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.