270 Win & N-560

BankWalker284Magnum

I'm attempting to create a accurate load for my Browning BarII Safari Grade 270 Win. 56.9 Grn of N-560 underneath a 140 Grn Sierra Tipped Game King using (once or 6 times fired) but annealed Winchester brass trimmed to 2.538" a WLRP, an OAL of 3.328" & I have a sub MOA load in my 1996 Belgium made autoloader. No idea what FPS is because I simply haven't gotten my chronograph out. I'm lucky because I can shoot in my backyard from zero to 106 yards. I have one spot in front of my house that I can stretch out 900-ish & have actually shot at & hit a 5 gallon bucket at 880 with the aforementioned rifle but using a 140 Grn Nosler Partion bullet. I only shot that distance to see if 1. I could hit a target that far. 2. To see if I operate my Burris scope with the built in range adjustments. In the mid 90's I killed a doe deer at 785 yards but have never before or after attempting any such shot on live game. I have no plans of double it again either. I'm no master marksman and I only started reloading post pandemic. I, for the most part, don't know bee crap from wild honey. Aside from watching my great uncle reload back in the 80's and early 90's I have had no training other than trial and Era. I'm simply attempting to save components by asking for any information out there? BTW, sorry for the above babbles and ramblings.

Recent Posts