.270 win interbond vs accubond?

otis348

I have a .270 Win. I am thinking of starting to reload Hornady Interbonds. I have not used them or know anybody that has. Nosler also makes a Accubond. Is there any difference other than brand name? Anybody had any luck with either bullet?
confused.gif

Otis, I have been working with a Ruger 1B in .270 for my brother in law, and have had the chance to use both bullets, on whitetails and targets. The Noslers are easier to make shoot, and they also held together better by far, though 1 deer with weach bullet doesn't make a statistical difference, Go with the nosler and slow powders.

[ 10-29-2004: Message edited by: 308sako ]

308 Sako,
Can I get your load data for the Nosler. Sounds like you have done what I am trying to find out on both rounds. Also I am trying to find the ballistics for the Noslers and have not been able to find them, any help there?

noslers............start with 57g h4831 and work up----i have worked up loads in 3 rifles with the 140g accubond and they shoot great.one of the rifles shoots them at 3050 fps. and is a consistent 1/2 moa rifle[factory rifle].they kill elk very well-my-2-dave

I have shot quite a few 140gr & 160gr Accubonds through a custom 7 STW and an all stock Tikka in 7mm-08. The Accubonds are very accurate bullets, at least in these two rifles. I also tried the Interbonds and was very surprised to see how lousey they shot in the same guns.
confused.gif

The Interbonds may shoot better in other rifles but I could not get them to shoot in mine. The only way you'll konw how either of these bullets will shoot in your rifle is to give em a try.

My 2 cents - Try the Accubonds first.

I must admit that I have not tried them in my 270 Win but in my 7mm. Rem. Mag 160gr Accubonds shot and performed awesome (desert big horn at 500yds.plus) 154gr Accubonds were worst grouping bullet ever tried out of rifle (M.O.Hillside or worse).
B

[ 10-30-2004: Message edited by: brian b ]

Otis, The load I use is a load which I have worked up to in this particular rifle. The 140 Accubond and 58.5 grains of IMR 7828 with a Federal 210 Match primer in Winchester virgin cases at a cartridge overall length of 3.450 inches, touching the lands. This is a high pressure load which has been worked up to "and beyond" in this rifle. The velocity is 3050 ft/sec's, and low SD's. There was no real gain in velocity for additional powder, an unusual occurance to say the least. All charges are individually weighed, and great care is used in the assembly of course. I have been using the Sierra balistic program and the BC for the Nosler 140 Ballistic-tip bullet. My brother in law shot a 1.75 inch group at 375 yards last weekend with it (5 shots.) Good uck and use common sense when working up your loads.
smile.gif
PS of sorts, I tried my most accurate load for 165 grain .308 bullets in my '06 Ackley today with Interbonds and shot the worst group the rifle has ever produced... ****, lost another $30 to advertizing hype.

[ 10-31-2004: Message edited by: 308sako ]

[ 10-31-2004: Message edited by: 308sako ]

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.