Ballistic Coefficient of 338 cal Hornady Interbond vs Nosler Accubond?

sambo3006

Nosler lists the BC of the 338 cal 225 gr Accubond at .550 and Hornady lists the BC of the 338 cal 225 gr Interbond at .515. I would think that these two bullets would have a real world BC that was virtually the same. I've been shooting Accubonds but might give the Interbonds a try to see how they shoot. Any comments on the listed BC's or even better actual experience?

Ive shot the 225 SST's (which have the same listed G1 B.C as the Interbond) and found that the listed B.C matched my drops out to 850 yards. I believe that GENEGY did a comparison between the SST and Interbond and found the INterbond to have a slightly higher B.C, not much but something. I started using the SST's just to have something cheaper to practice with.

No idea what will shoot more accurately for you but I am more impressed with the interbonds terminal performance. They retained weight better and had larger mushrooms in the few cases that I could recover them.

Ive shot the 225 SST's (which have the same listed G1 B.C as the Interbond) and found that the listed B.C matched my drops out to 850 yards. I believe that GENEGY did a comparison between the SST and Interbond and found the INterbond to have a slightly higher B.C, not much but something. I started using the SST's just to have something cheaper to practice with.

I have found that the 225gn Interbond has a B.C. of about 0.53.
The SST is a bit lower in B.C.
Shooting both at 1000 yards the Interbond hits over 1 MOA higher and is much more accurate even though both have similar velocity, accuracy and POI at 100 yards.
The Nosler Accubond is very similar to the Interbond and has no advantage over the Interbond for long range work. The Accubond however has a much thicker jacket than the Interbond for close range work.
My pick for long range hunting would be the Interbond depending on which one shot the most accurate in your rifle.
See my write up on a few of these bullets.. http://www.austargets.com/Interbond.htm

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.