Nosler 165 Accubond vs. Hornady 165 InterBond?

Buttermilk

1304313075.jpg

1304312782.jpg

(sorry 'bout the fuzzy photo's... didn't realize they were so fuzzy til I posted them..)

Has anyone shot the two subject line bullets at longer ranges to see which one has the highest BC?

I've visually compared the two bullets and it seems to me that the Hornady may have the better BC.

I know what the two companies are advertising the BC as, but I kinda think they are just marketing/advertising numbers....

The Hornday 165 Interbond has the same BC as the 165 SST, but the Interbond bullet is longer, and has a slightly different profile. The profile is subtle in the differences.

Both of these two Hornady bullets have a secant ogive, while the Nosler has a tangent ogive. The Nosler has a shorter boat tail as well.

Just seems to me, the Hornady Interbond might actually have the better BC.

What are your thoughts, and experiences?

I only have access to a 200 yard range, or I'd shoot both at some greater distance to see the differences.

Regards,

Rog

I think your right with your assumption on the IB having the better BC of the 3.

I remember a magazine test few years back in shooting times I think it was where they tested a bunch of bullets (bonded comes to mind for some reason) and the IB and Sciroccos actually had BCs that were what the factory claimed, all the rest fell short, including the AB...

As you know nosler rates the 165 at .475 and hornady at .447, originally hornadys. Rating was .487 which is probably closer. The 168 nosler bt is a better design at a .490 and it has a longer boatail, that's why often there harder to find than the 165s, and load data shouldn't have to be changed hardly any over the 165s.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.